Thursday, May 25, 2017

Faithfulness Is The Key To Fruitfulness

“Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD [is] upright: [he is] my rock, and [there is] no unrighteousness in him.” (Ps 92:13-15 AV)

Faithfulness, and not physical ability or energy, is the source of fruitfulness!  Call it my mid-life crisis.  Call it whatever you wish.  But I am deeply concerned with what can be accomplished for the glory of God with the time I have remaining!  Most are condemned for such a concern.  However, me thinks it is a good concern to have.

Of note is what the Psalmist points to at the answer to his concern.  It is faithfulness to a worship life.  Note also the distinction drawn between the courts of the LORD and the house of the LORD.  There is a difference.  Faithfulness to the inner most presence and worship of God is what produces faithfulness on the outside.  And, lest some misguided or ignorant saint may misunderstand the meaning of worship, this worship here is public worship founded up the sacrifice and service of God’s people!


Faithfulness to the house of God is so important.  Far more important than today’s professing Christian desires to give it.  I am claiming this verse as a promise!  The Bible clearly says that if I am faithful to the house of God, then He will bless that faithfulness with fruit – EVEN IN MY OLD AGE!  Blessed be the LORD for all the benefits He has bestowed upon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment