Friday, August 18, 2017

The Monster is Beaten

“Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” (Mic 7:18-19 AV)

The best news a child of God can have is that eventually, sin will have no more dominion over him.  The only dominion sin has now is that which we yield to.  If we never gave in, we would never be dominated.  The truth of the matter is, we cannot subdue our iniquities.  We do not have within ourselves the ability to subdue these things.  These things can only be subdued by the power of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  If we could only realize that God has already given us the victory and yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit, we could begin to enjoy the blessings of heaven a little earlier.

Almost everyone has had friends that lead them down the wrong path.  Even if a little bit.  I had such friends.  When I was a teenager, it wasn’t so much the drugs, but immorality was the addiction of choice.  I had a friend who was obsessed with girls.  He had several girlfriends at one time.  He was always trying to hook me up with a friend of his friend.  I always turned him down.  Except for one time.  He needed me to double date with my father’s truck.  I can’t remember what we did, but I can remember the ride to this friend of a friend’s house.  My buddy and his friend sat on the couch and made out.  The expectation was that as my friend was doing with his girl, I was supposed to do with this blind date.  The LORD intervened and I got really sick.  Praise!  That ended that!  My nerves subdued that iniquity!


This is what the LORD wants to do for us.  If we will let Him.  By life or by death, God will subdue our iniquity.  He will conquer them for us.  If we desire such victory in this life, we must yield.  In the next, it is automatic, but we don’t realize the joy of victorious submission.  We have already won!  Why not enjoy victory as soon as we can?  NOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment