Monday, December 12, 2022

My Crown

A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.” (Pr 12:4 AV)

 

When a regal steps into a crowd, his crown is the first thing people notice.  When he enters the court, it is the crown that draws attention.  Without it, the sovereign would be ordinary.  There is a difference between prince Charles and King Charles.  Scheduled for May the sixth of next year, no doubt there will be much pomp and circumstance.  As the archbishop of Canterbury places the crown upon the brow of Charles, that will be the moment most will remember.  The crown, St. Edward’s crown, was made in 1661 and is part of the crown jewels collection.  It will be worn for the coronation and then returned to its secure place.  From that time forward, the king will wear a second crown for state affairs and such.  When one looks at these crowns, one cannot help but be impressed.  There are literally thousands of precious stones and 24-carat gold that makes up these pieces.  To say they are valuable would be an understatement.  When Charles is crowned, I guarantee you all eyes will be on that crown.  And that is the only thing people will notice.

I can attest to the truth above.  When my wife and I walk into a room, it is she who is noticed.  Lisa becomes the expression of our family.  It is not only her personality.  She is an outgoing and bubbly person.  It is hard to be in a room and not notice her.  Her personality is not overbearing.  She does not draw attention because she seeks it.  When she is in the midst of people, they are drawn to her.  It doesn’t matter what age or status someone might be.  From a little two-year-old to someone well advanced in years, it is more common than not that others are conversing with her.  For the first few years of our marriage, I was introduced and Lisa’s husband, what's-his-name.  One would think she draws attention because of her personality.  That would be partly true.  More so than not, it is her character and wisdom which draws others.  It is her eternal optimism and fearlessness from which others draw strength.  She is indeed an incredible person.  I can definitely say it is her virtue that people notice.  Lisa is not perfect.  No one is.  But she is about as close to it as you can get.  I am honored to have her as my wife.  There isn’t a more virtuous or beautiful person God ever created.  And I have the privilege to call her my love.

I have been reminded of how incredible of a person my wife is.  She is beyond remarkable.  Her strength is what I always imagined it would be.  Her joy is never defeated.  She loves life, loves her family, and loves the LORD with all her heart.  There hasn’t been a day in our thirty-five years of marriage in which I can say I was ever uneasy about her.  She has my complete and unabated trust.  She has never, not once, caused me any harm.  Not privately.  And certainly not publicly.  Lisa is as perfect at they come.  This is why when we enter a room, people notice her before they notice me.  She is like St. Edward’s crown.  When she comes into the room, they don’t see me.  They see her.  As it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment